I want to go to the beach
and listen to the song of the waves
I want to smell the sweet saltiness of the Atlantic
I want to feel the gentle spray of the ocean's essence across my face.
I want to dip my feet in its cool kisses
I want to be submerged beneath the beauty of the blue...
tasting the sunlight as it peeks through the deep crystal glass
I want my Bahamaland.
For the water...
it speaks
Sweeping over the depths of my soul
it sings
Singing me to ecstasy
This being away
it stings
How I miss the water
The honesty of the tide
Coming and going
But always bringing me
Singing me to ecstasy
a song for all ages
A song that will never die
across the sands of time
A song for my homeland
My love
My pride
I am my Bahamaland.
For the water...
it speaks
Sweeping over the depths of my soul
it sings
Singing me to ecstasy
This being away
it stings
How I miss the water
The honesty of the tide
Coming and going
But always bringing me
Singing me to ecstasy
a song for all ages
A song that will never die
across the sands of time
A song for my homeland
My love
My pride
I am my Bahamaland.
~Island Girl~

No comments:
Post a Comment